It might be more appropriate to call the act of Baby Dedication…“Parent Dedication” because those who dedicate a child make a sacred pledge to serve God and live according to the principles outlined in the scriptures. It is a pledge made to God in front of the congregation to demonstrate by example to their child, what it means to be a Christ follower. Baby Dedication is not a perfunctory religious ritual to bless children. It is a serious vow we make before God which indicates we are going to live for Him and make Him the priority of our home.
Am I ready to dedicate my Child?
Baby Dedication isn’t something that should be entered into lightly. Ecclesiastes 5:5 says, “It is better not to make a vow, than to make one and not fulfill it.” Our desire is that when you dedicate your child to God, you’re ready to fulfill your part of the commitment. Therefore we suggest the following as you make your decision.
1. Those dedicating a child should first have a salvation relationship with Jesus.
2. Those dedicating a child to God should currently be honoring God with their lifestyle. (ie. Should not be living together or living in deliberate, willful sin).
3. Sometimes we make poor choices in life but we believe God is a forgiving God of second chances who longs for us to come to Him for help. While all of your circumstances may not be perfect, if you are actively seeking and desiring to change and serve God we are willing to work with you to dedicate your child.
4. Single Moms and Dads are encouraged to dedicate their child to the Lord. As a church family we want help and support you as you raise your child.
5. Those dedicating a child should recognize they are vowing to God that they will train and teach their child the ways of Christ.
6. You must attend a Parent dedication class. The class is usually two weeks before the Baby dedication service. Please bring your children. If you filled out the Baby dedication form, you will be contacted by phone concerning the scheduled date for the class.
Applications are availabe at Guest Services.